structure & written expression TOEFL ITP, perbedaan penggunaan
preposition biasa diujikan. Ke duanya memang kadang memiliki makna mirip atau bahkan sama.
Contoh dalam kalimat:
because of memiliki makna sama yaitu
karena. Walau ke dua jenis kata ini memiliki makna yang sama, ke duanya memiliki cara pakai yang berbeda.
- Because of the rain, I didn’t go to school.
- Because it was raining, I didn’t go to school.
- Because of it was raining, I didn’t go to school. (x)
- Because the rain, I didn’t go to school. (x)
Because it merupakan
connector, olehnya mesti ketemu dengan
subject & verb (clause). Sementara,
because of itu merupakan sebuah
preposition, sehingga harus bertemu dengan
|Although/even though/though||Despite/in spite of||Walaupun|
Berikut 15 contoh soal TOEFL ITP terkait materi ini:
- Saint Elmo’s fire is a luminous blue discharge of electricity sometimes seen when a thunderstorm.
- While the twentieth century, the field of dentistry has developed branches that specialize in the treatment of individual dental problems.
- Charlotte Pekins Gilman was a leading intellectual in the women’s movement while its early decades in the United States.
- Humus is formed during soil microorganisms decompose animal and plant material into elements usable by plants.
- Some of the first aerial photographs were taken from a balloon while the Civil War in the United States.
- While infancy, the period from birth until the age of two, a child grows to approximately half of his or her adult height.
- While the process of photosynthesis in green plants, light energy is captured and used to convert water, carbon dioxide, and minerals into oxygen and organic compounds.
- Saturn takes almost 30 Earth years to make one trip around the Sun, during Jupiter takes about twelve Earth years to complete one solar revolution.
- Many species of birds that breed in temperate latitudes often show particular patterns of migration while the year.
- Bursae are fluid-filled sacs that form cushions between tendons and bones and protect them while movement.
- Because of it consists only of a relatively short strand of DNA protected by a shell of protein, a virus cannot eat or reproduce by itself.
- In addition to their usefulness as scavengers, birds are of enormous value to humans because of they eat insects and control the spread of weeds.
- Salmon spend most of their adult lives in salt water, despite they return to their freshwater birthplaces to spawn and die.
- Nuclear energy, despite its early promise as a source of electrical power, is still insignificant in compared with older and safer energy sources.
- Despite television is the dominant entertainment medium for United States households, Garrison Keillor’s Saturday night radio show of folk songs and stories is heard by millions of people.